Friday, August 26, 2011

Melt Down

I'm so happy I have something somewhat exciting to post! Blogged two days in a row-go me! It's actually not really something I should be happy about though because it really became a big mess. Brian and I have a small chest freezer that we had to find a place for when we  moved in with my in-laws this week. They were nice enough to clear a little space in their garage for it and then it was kinda forgotten. This morning my father-in-law saw a long stream of water coming from it and when he took a closer look he realized that most of the food was thawed! Something had happened with the plug-in and it wasn't powering our freezer, probably for a day or more. Lucky for us most of the food was still pretty cold and not completely ruined but it all had to be cook/eaten ASAP. So my mother-in-law, Debbie and I spent most of the day trying to salvage what we could. I won't go into detail about the looks of the bottom of the freezer after all the red meat was thawed but suffice it to say it was disgusting. We cooked 3 roasts, 2 lbs. of ground beef and 1 lb. of sausage. The rest of the weekend's menu is planned though with a big turkey and a few packages of steaks to grill. I'm glad it didn't all go to waste but it made for an interesting morning....

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this post! lol I also love having yet another blog to stalk! :)

    ReplyDelete