Friday, January 11, 2013

Painting

Well, since we got all new appliances we decided the walls needed an update as well. To be honest, the whole kitchen could be updated a little but we decided to stick with just painting for now. And good thing because it was a nightmare! Well, that's dramatic, but it wasn't fun. We picked a new neutral color to do on the walls throughout the living room and kitchen and that was all fine and easy but I wanted to do an accent wall in the kitchen and being as indecisive as I am is what really made it a 'nightmare.' Thank goodness I have a patient husband. I couldn't really ever find a color that I loved and painted, and repainted, and repainted, and repainted. Finally we just found some fabric I liked for kitchen curtains and I decided to just do a print on the wall instead of one solid color. Its definitely different but I like it...for now. :) (Don't tell Brian I said that!) My AMAZING mother-in-law made me some kitchen curtains out of the fabric I liked and they are awesome! And to give it a little different color, (and to satisfy my crazy fetish with organization and never-ending-to-do lists)I made a message board out of plywood and old picture frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment